Step by Step Stages

I would like to show you what I have currently been up to with my stencil, with it being pretty much complete except framed, I would like to show you the step by step I took in making this complete.

The cut out for my stencils black outline that will give it all its features and details.

The cut out for my stencils black outline that will give it all its features and details.

outline spray of me.

The tested spray of my outline to make sure it looks correct and gives the right amount of detail. With the outline looking good it’s time to start adding colour.

To add colour in the right areas and without it looking like a complete mess, layers were needed, separating each section and by cutting out selected areas and taping back in the bits enabled me to colour each section successfully.

To add colour in the right areas and without it looking like a complete mess, layers were needed, separating each section and by cutting out selected areas and taping back in the bits enabled me to colour each section successfully.

 

My first rough stencil completed. Trying out colours went well but the spraying needed to be improved so no white shown within the body and the lines needed to be smoother.

My first rough stencil completed. Trying out colours went well but the spraying needed to be improved so no white shown within the body and the lines needed to be smoother.

After cutting out my layers again and fixing any changes to my outline cut out, I resprayed my lego pimpstress and this time the outcome had significant improvements. So with my final self-portrait done I went round carefully with a craft knife following the shape of my portrait, ready to be framed.

After cutting out my layers again and fixing any changes to my outline cut out, I resprayed my lego pimpstress and this time the outcome had significant improvements. So with my final self-portrait done I went round carefully with a craft knife following the shape of my portrait, ready to be framed.

Finally, I did a background by using a printed out image of one of my photos and dripping paint down the paper and spraying around my hand to create this final design.

Finally, I did a background by using a printed out image of one of my photos and dripping paint down the paper and spraying around my hand to create this final design.

This along with many other young peoples self portraits will be exhibited in a local shopping centre unit for people to come and view and hopefully like.